Behind the Titters and Tassels with......Lovely Lexie

Before each show we bring you an exclusive interview with a member of the Titters and Tassels family. 
This time its our Stage Manager....Lovely Lexie


Who are your favourite burlesque performers on the current scene and why? 
This is such a tough question because I love so many! I really adore Cece Sinclair, Titsalina Bumsquash, Trixie Blue and not forgetting my Burly Mama Lady Wildflower – they've all got so much sass! Raquel Reed is my favourite international performer (and I have major costume envy of all her garments)...  In terms of newbies’ to the scene – Arabella Twist, Celeste Steel Val Oh So Rapture are a phenomenal set of burlesque babes, both on and off stage!  

You are a woman of many talents having performed on the burlesque stage as well as stage managed at various burlesque shows in the North West. What do you love about the burlesque scene so much?    
It sounds cliché but I love everything about the scene! From the costumes (having an excuse to prance around in copious amounts of rhinestones) right through to how empowering all the performers and their acts are. Burlesque is so inclusive. It encompasses and celebrates so much diversity and everyone is so supportive of each other. Plus who doesn’t love to be surrounded by glitter and boobs?!  


CONGRATULATIONS on graduating this summer with a First Class Honours!  What’s next for Lexie Fonteyn apart from world domination? Will we see a return to the stage? 
Thank you so much! Well the muggle world and my degree had to take a front seat this year which has meant I haven’t performed for a while, however I’ve loved helping out backstage and I still want to carry on doing that too. I’m making it my mission for Lexie to return to performing next year. Preparations are already underway for a second act so watch this space as I’m currently saving up for rhinestones and dusting off my dancing shoes! 

Whats your most memorable moment onstage / offstage and why? 
There’s so many to choose from! Onstage probably the end of my debut act at the first ever “Show Us Your Newbies” event. It’s one of the best feelings in the world when you perform something that you love and the audience goes crazy for it. All my friends and family were in the audience too and it was brilliant to have them there cheering me on!  As for an offstage moment, road-tripping to Grimsby with Val Oh So Rapture and Millie Dollar was great fun and a very  sparkly car journey. I don’t quite think the Costa Coffee on the motorway services knew what had hit them!  

How were you first introduced to the world of burlesque? Can you remember the first event you attended and how you felt? 
Dita has always been my idol for as long as I can remember. I used her as a style inspiration for my high school prom dress! However, my first burlesque show was at the Ruby Lounge in Manchester and I got the tickets as part of a Wowcher deal! As soon as I got home I researched into where more shows were. After this I promised myself that I’d learn to drive so that I could drive to classes in Manchester – just like that I passed my test, booked onto classes and got bitten by the burlesque bug! 

Glitter or confetti? 
Glitter; always! 

Tit tape or Wig Tape? 
I use wig tape to stick my pasties on! 

Sparkly shoes or naked feet? 
Sparkly shoes. Killer heels and sparkly slippers are pretty much all I own!   

Can you even remember a life without Burlesque? 
Not at all and I wouldn’t want to. I’ve had some of my happiest memories and met some of my best friends through burlesque and I wouldn’t be half the person I am today without such a fierce group of people around me! 

In one sentence try to describe burlesque to someone who has never seen it? 
Tassel twirling, show-stopping, rhinestone covered, stripper-tastic fabulousness! 

What do you enjoy most about being part of the Titters & Tassels Family? 
The fact that when I’m around them I never stop smiling from ear-to-ear. They are the most friendly, funny and kind-hearted team I could ever wish to work with. We really are a lovely little family! 

It would be an abomination to ask but if we did, who would be your favourite Toots or Leigh? 
I simply cannot choose. They are both Wonder Women in my eyes!

Toots & Leigh present the next Titters and Tassels show on 14th October at Gullivers Ballroom, Manchester NQ.
Tickets available from: HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behind the Titters and Tassels